UWHARRIE GRANTS AND ADDITIONAL FUNDING SOURCES:
Our grant application process now goes through the Conference eGrant system. You will need an eGrant account to get started (guide here).
Once you have an eGrant account, choose either Church Vitality or Mission Engagement to apply for District funds. You can apply for both District and Conference funds simultaneously. Be aware of the different application deadlines and funding timelines when you apply.
Please read over the District Grant Guidelines before applying.
WNC Conference Grants
The following Conference grant applications are part of the eGrant system. To apply for these funds you must first create an eGrant login. To Start the application process, click one of the available applications under "Opportunities" on the left side of your screen. You can then begin completing your application, using the Save icons at the top and bottom of your screen to save your progress. The Conference grants operate on a rolling cycle, as funds are available.
- Focus: church revitalization or planting a new ministry
- Note: Church Vitality grant applications are sent to the District first for funding and then returned to Conference committee if the District cannot fully fund the project.
- Focus: ERT receipts, approved training event, tools and equipment reimbursement
- Note: key contact person must be a badged ERT member.
Justice & Reconciliation: Focus on the Biblical call to justice and reconciliation and the conference’s vision and goals
Ministry Budget Application: Focus is to include ministry within the conference budget for the following year
Mission Engagement: Focus on the Biblical call to mission engagement and the conference’s vision and goals
The WNC Youth Service Fund is not part of the Conference eGrant system. This fund supports ministries by, with or for young people.
Conference Affiliated Foundations
- Focus: child care, health care, rural church.
- Note: Each focus has separate application deadlines.
Royce and Jane Reynolds Fund through the Conference United Methodist Foundation:
- Focus: making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Note: February 1 application deadline and funds must be used that year
Regional Foundation for the Carolinas Affiliates: Specifically for Cabarrus County, Lexington Area, Salisbury-Rowan, Stanly County, and Union County
Other Community Foundations (may or may not fund projects in your area):
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
- High Point Community Foundation
- The Winston-Salem Foundation
- Clemmons Community Foundation
Blanche and Julian Robertson Foundation: Specifically for Salisbury and Rowan County
Margaret C. Woodson Foundation: Specifically for Rowan and Davie Counties