The Vision and Work of the Uwharrie District 2022-2023
Centered around the 4 themes of #BeUMC
Experiencing God: We embrace a church where we experience our triune God in personal and community relationships, transforming our own lives, the lives around us, and the entire world.
Disciple-Making: We are dedicated to the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world in the tradition of John Wesley.
Belonging: All belong and will be loved in the UMC. All will be heard, respected, and engaged. All will be free to develop their personal relationship with God and to serve fully in the ministry of Jesus Christ.
Connection: We are a powerful connection, living and sharing the grace of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are committed to work for global health, education, creation care, child welfare, disaster recovery, and countless other efforts.
What This Looks Like in the Uwharrie District
- Supporting the conference Anti-Racism initiatives and training.
- Book discussions on Emotionally Healthy Discipleship.
- Supporting interest and affinity groups such as Fresh Expressions and Recovery Ministries.
- Walking alongside churches who participate in Transformation Journey and Both/And cohorts.
- Facilitating conversations around purpose, vision, measures of vitality, discipleship pathways.
- Afresh podcast.
- #BeUMC conversations -why am I United Methodist?
- Coordinating disaffiliations, supporting those who remain United Methodist.
- Encouraging, mentoring, coaching clergy and laity for vital ministry.