Fall 2020 Clergy Development
posted on September 03
Fall 2020 Clergy Development Opportunities
Learning is a lifelong process. Clergy have a responsibility to continue to grow in their faith, knowledge, and skill. Local church Staff-Parish teams are to consult with clergy and staff about, and provide appropriate time and resources for, continuing education needs. In order to support ongoing learning, below is a list of professional development opportunities available during Fall 2020, all of which are online. Participation costs vary. More opportunities can also be found on the WNCC Leadership Development and Fruitful Clergy Leadership webpages.
Sept. 8 - Nov. 10 - The Church's Mission in the World: An online global missions course from Candler School of Theology
Sept. 14 - Oct. 26 - Adaptive Leadership for Sustained Ministry by Hood Theological Seminary
Sept. 14 - Oct. 26 - Sacred Companions book study by NC Institute for Spiritual Direction and Formation
Sept. 14 - Oct. 28, 2020 Convocation & Pastor’s School Webinars, Duke Divinity School
- Sept. 22 - Oct. 20, Missional Entrepreneurial Mindset based on the book "Who Owns the Ice House?"; contact Cindy Thompson of Boundless Impact for more information.
- Sept. 29 - Oct. 27, Community Heart & Soul, a proven model for community development based on what matters most.
- Oct. 2-3 - Virtual Ruben L. Speaks Lecture Series with Rev. Dr. Luke A. Powery, Dean of Duke University Chapel and Associate Professor of Homiletics at Duke Divinity School by Hood Theological Seminary
- Oct. 5-8, 7-8 p.m. Community Conversation: “What Can Rural Communities and People of Faith Do to Prevent Suicide?”
- Oct. 9, 10-11:30 a.m. Community Conversation: “Are You Surviving Well? Wells in the Wilderness”
- Oct. 13-Jan. 12 -
- Journeying Together Colleague Conversations
- Oct. 21-22 - “Jesus Friends are Our Friends Too” by Rev. Dr. Bart Milleson
- Oct. 27 - Take Thou Authority
- Post Crisis Leadership with Brian Zehr, Uwharrie and Metro Districts Cohort, contact Laura Auten for more information
- Oct. 27 - “Keeping it Real: Mental Health in the Church and Community in the Season of Pandemic and Beyond”, The Role of the Church In Improving Mental Illness in the African American Community by Hood Theological Seminary
- Early-bird registration for Sabbath Life 2021 by Life Around the Table
Nov. 17 - “Keeping it Real: Mental Health in the Church and Community in the Season of Pandemic and Beyond”, Complicated Grief in the Aftermath of Suicide by Hood Theological Seminary
Dec. 15 - “Keeping it Real: Mental Health in the Church and Community in the Season of Pandemic and Beyond”, Holiday Grief and Anxiety - The Dark Night of the Soul by Hood Theological Seminary