Uwharrie District Laity Awards
posted on August 19
Each year we ask you to recognize laity, men, women, or youth, who have made a significant contribution to the life and ministry of your church. In 2020 and 2021, there have been so many opportunities for individuals to step up (with on-line, streaming, phone visitation, etc.) that you may have a hard time recognizing just one individual! Submissions are due by September 30th.
Here is the Criteria and Procedure to help you make your selection:
1. The recipient is a member of the local church or charge.
2. The recipient exemplifies a commitment to the Christian way of life.
3. The recipient's contribution to the life of the church and the community reflects a devotion of self to the service of others.
1. An organized group in the church should make the selection. It is recommended that a selection committee composed of the Lay Leader (as chairperson/persons), President of the United Methodist Men, United Methodist Women, United Methodist Youth Fellowship, and the Chairperson/persons of the Administrative Board, Council on Ministries or Administrative Council select the person who most nearly meets the criteria stated above.
2. Honor the recipient during Laity Sunday on October 17, 2021.
3. Complete and submit this online form by September 30, 2021 so that your recipient will be recognized.
4. Laity Service Award recipients will be honored throughout the end of 2021 via social media.
This information is also included on the new online nomination form. Once you have made your selection, please CLICK THIS LINK, complete the form, and simply hit “Submit”. The deadline for submission is September 30th. We will do our best to get a certificate and pin returned to you so that you can present them to your nominee on Laity Sunday, which is October 17th.
Please contact Kathy Odell, Uwharrie District Lay Leader, with questions.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the individual (or group) selected.