UWHARRIE DISTRICT GRANT GUIDELINES
Complete application electronically and submit, send a copy to the Uwharrie District office.
- Applications must be received by February 1st or August 1st for the respective grant periods.
- A church/organization may apply ONCE in a 12 month period.
- Upon receipt of an application an acknowledgment will be sent via email.
- Churches will be notified of the decision regarding their application by March 1st or September 1st, respectively.
- A minister’s and lay leader’s signatures must be included on the application.
- A ministry budget must be included with the application.
- Grant amounts will be determined by the Grant and Resources Team based on available monies and project scope.
- Grants will only be distributed to churches that have paid 100% of apportionments for the previous year.
- Grant funds should be used ONLY for the purpose stated in the application within 12 months. If you over-budgeted, please return any unused funds with the required follow- up report to the grant committee to be used by another ministry in need.
- Grants for salary support will be given one time during the first year of a project or ministry.
- A representative is encouraged to be available to answer any questions from the committee on February 17th or August 17th respectively, either in-person, by phone or Zoom. The representative’s availability will be confirmed in the email notifying application receipt.
- A follow-up report should be turned in within 6 months after grant distribution. A report form will be provided upon funding notification.
Note: District funds are not consistent from year to year. Previous grant awards do not guarantee continued funding.
- Uwharrie Grant Guidelines